Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review-the Witchling Grows Up by Mary Moriarty

22563728 Book Title – The Witchling Grows Up
Author – Mary Moriarty
Publisher –Self
ISBN/ASIN -9781310969645
Genre –Fantasy

Dylan Pendragon is not what she appears to be. She lookes like a twenty something, hippy, new-age follower… When in fact she was a ninety year old witchling from one of the oldest families connected with witch craft.

She has yet to get any powers so to speak. But she is destined to be the most powerful witch of them all…
And she is a virgin.

Justice is a seven thousand years old Vampire. He is the oldest friend to his former king of their kind, Cormac O’ Heachthanna. There are three things that vampires love. Blood, fighting and sex and not necessarily in that order. Justice lost his wife about six thousand years ago so he has devoted his life to keeping man kind safe… and he has had no sex in that many years.

The Dark One has one thing on his mind. Capture Dylan Pendragon and take what he thinks is his… her virginity and her power which will blossom like a rose once she is taken. He will do anything to get her and that power or die trying.

In the course of one night under a full moon two become connected and set into motion events that can’t be stopped that will ultimately bring victory for some or one and the rest will be cast into a void less underworld.

Can Justice show Dylan he wants to protect her without touching her? Will he listen to his heart where love that has been dormant for so long is blooming.
Will Dylan allow Justice to protect her so she can figure out how to get her powers and be strong enough to fight the Dark One? Or will she fall and be the sacrifice that the Dark One intends her to be.





 


Author Bio Divider

Image of Mary Moriarty  

I grew up in New England surrounded by a lot of history and story telling by my father who was from the Mid-Coast of Maine. What I remember of my mother was her love of fairy tales, the wee people and poetry. So it's no wonder I would one day write.

I actually started writing at a very young age, mostly poetry but I loved playing with words. I also loved books and before I even learned to read I would sit and pour over the books that had belonged to my mother. Works by writers such as Dante and Shakespeare filled the shelves. When I was about 6, I remember trying to read a first edition copy of Ivan Hoe that belonged to her.

So fast forward to now. I am at my desk 7 days a week. I have to write like I have to breath. I have stories that come to me in the middle of the night or from something I read that just made that random thought come to the forefront of my brain. I love writing and bringing these stories to print and e-format so my readers can take a journey with me.

I am surrounded by my pets who sometimes show up in my books and my family who are very supportive of my writing.


 




Review Divider

This is my first book to read by Mary Moriarty.  It is about a powerful family of witches
with awesome powers.  It has witches,vampires and dragons.  I fell in love with the
characters. This book leaves you on the edge of your seat. it is a great read. Go get it!


Carol Reviewed
4 star
22563728

No comments:

Post a Comment