Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Review Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser

 One minute Meara Quinn is making plans for the summer before her senior year. The next she finds out that her mother's cancer has returned and they're moving away from the only home she's ever known. Every day becomes a struggle as Meara tries to cope with her mother's illness while being forced to move to another country to live with grandparents who are strangers. 


Add weird visions of a father who was absent her entire life and top it all off with one whopping secret that everyone seems bent on keeping from her, and Meara has the perfect ingredients for a major melt down. The only things keeping her from coming unglued are some new friends and Evan—the son of her mother's childhood friend—who seems to know Meara almost better than she knows herself. 

Together with Evan and her friends, Meara embarks on a new journey to unlock the secrets that will not only tell Meara who she is, but what she is.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I love books. I love reading books. I love collecting books. I love reading books aloud to my kids. It's been a lifelong dream to write a book, and now, I've done it! It's so much fun creating a world, and my characters have become family to me. I hope that you'll love them, too.
 
 
 
 
 
Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser was not only a very good read, but also an emotional one. She has the ability to throw real world problems in with a little fantasy. This book drew me in from the first chapter. Meara is not your typical teenager. Her drama is not your typical teenage drama. 

What would you do if you found out that not only is your mom’s cancer back, but that you are only half human? If you are Meara, you start trying to find out who or what you are while trying to be there for your mom. My heart broke for Meara as she was hit with so many things at one time. I loved that Evan stood by her side through everything and tried to help her find the answers without thinking that she was crazy. I knew something was up with Ula, but it was not what I was expecting. If you want to know what I am talking about, you are just going to have to read the book. 

With the way the story ended, I am sure hoping that there is going to be a next book. I would like to see what happens now that Meara has made her final decision. I give this book 4 stars because it was just so good. I will be sure to snap up the next book if Kelly decides to write it. 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment