Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review-Best Laid Plans by Sandrine Gasq-Dion

Best Laid Plans (Assassin/Shifter, #5) Book Title – Best Laid Plans
Author – Sandrine Gasq-Dion
Publisher - Diasq
ISBN/ASIN -B00816ZYUQ
Genre – Romance, M/M

This book is part of a series.
The men of the super-secret Skull Blaster unit have put down their weapons long enough to find love - and even husbands - from Arizona to Alaska and the Olympic Peninsula. Now their new families and friends are hoping to find their own happily-ever-afters. Werewolf Sawyer Quinton’s brothers have finally found their mates in the Drake brothers, Dakota’s former packmates. Things get off to a rocky start but love conquers all. Or does it? Can the Drakes overcome the gay bashing they suffered at their father’s hands and be true to themselves and the men they love? Or are some lessons just too hard to unlearn?
Warning: This book contains man on man lovin' and a healthy dose of curse words. Sneak Peek at "For the Love of Caden


Author Bio Divider

Sandrine Gasq-Dion
I have been blessed in this life to not only have parents that support me, but kids that do as well. I grew up in a loving but "Old School" French household. My parents worked for the airlines (TWA) so I was able to see a lot of Europe as a kid. I moved to Seattle Washington at the age of 22 and stayed there for twelve years before moving to Alaska for a little over two. Fairbanks, AK was one hell of an experience and I wouldn't hesitate to go back! I spent a little over a year in South Carolina before moving back to Arizona. I then left for Kansas for five years and now reside in the South for another two years. I've been married to the military in one way or another for over half my life and wouldn't change a thing about it. Writing has become my fulltime job and I've never been so happy doing a job I love and being able to do it in my jammies. I plan on writing until I dry up and die. Hopefully, that won't happen soon!

Review Divider

I loved this book! This book is a little different because it involves two sets of brothers. This is Grayson and Xander Quinton and Taylor and Jagger Drakes book. We met the Drake brothers a little in the previous books. Dakota was originally in their pack. I loved this book and the way it handles abuse because of being gay. It shows that if you want it bad enough, you can overcome past abuse and possible find happiness.

Grayson has graduated, and he and Xander are moving to Alaska to begin interning at a design firm. Dakota set it up for them, but he had a reason. He thinks their mates are there. The Drakes have used some of their brother Sawyer's plans, and the gene is in these two as well. When they meet the Drake brothers, things go very poorly. Both boys have women they are intimate with. Heartbroken, Grayson and Xander leave, after accepting dinner invites to explain. Both of the Drake boys were raised with the feeling that gay is wrong. When Taylor was caught having sex with Dakota, he was beaten to within an inch of his life. Even though their dad is no longer in their lives, it is a hard lesson to unlearn.

They all go to Vegas to meet with billionaire Caden Fournier, a very out, very gay man. He takes a liking to Grayson, and this encourages the brothers to love as gay men. Things seem to ok when Taylor and Jagger take Grayson and Xander to meet the created wolf, until he tells Grayson that they will have to push the Drake brothers to come out of the closet or risk losing it all. When Taylor is confronted in public, he lies about being gay and Grayson and Xander's hearts are broken and they leave the Drake brothers. Can Taylor and Jagger come out? Or will their fear cost them the love of their mates? What future is worse, being found out or not having the men they love? Can they rise up and heal from what Carson has done to them, or will they lose it all? I love the subjects that are addressed in this book. It is done in such an honest way that I find it hard that anyone could argue over the fact that we are born straight or gay. This is one of my favorite series of all time.


Heidi Reviewed
5

No comments:

Post a Comment