Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Interview with Author Darlene Kuncytes

Sassy:  What got you into writing / what made you sit down and actually start something?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    :OMG! I have always written! I came out of the womb with a love of books and stories. My first book just sort of came to me. I started it, and I just couldn't stop! This has been a dream of mine since I can remember.

Sassy:   Are you a planner/panster when it comes to writing a story?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    :  I just kind of let the story flow. I have to let it come at it's own pace. I try to plan, but usually end up changing it!! LOL


Sassy: :  Do you intend to write your characters with certain personalities or do things “just happen?”

Author  Darlene Kuncytes: I let my characters tell me who they are. I mean, a lot of their personalities are me in a lot of ways. I am a smart ass, I have a wicked sense of humor and absolutely NO brain to mouth filter!

Sassy: :  Can you tell us 5 things we may not know about you

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    :I foster puppy mill survivors, I love to sing in my car at the top of my lungs and am not afraid to car dance at lights! I love meeting new people! I cry at the stupidest things. And I am fiercely protective of the people I love and trust. 

Sassy:   What has been your highlight since becoming a published author?  

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    :That is an easy one. The fans! The friends I have made during this fabulous journey! Other authors, bloggers, fans! My street team! I adore those girls! I have made lasting friendships that have blown my mind, and when someone contacts me to tell me that they loved my books and can't wait for the next - it just gives me shivers! That is what makes this all worth while!


Sassy:    What do you do in your spare time?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    :I love to swim, read, of course write! I love the ocean, actually ANY water

Sassy:   Do you get writers block? If so, how do you overcome it?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    : Oh, yes I do!!  I usually will just walk away for a bit and daydream. Listen to music, let the characters start talking to me again. I usually don't know what I did to piss them off - but they always come back!

Sassy:   Can you share a little of your most recent book or series with us?  I have included a little teaser from A Wolf's Savage Embrace!
Author  Darlene Kuncytes See attachments!!  I also included a teaser from Book 3 Marcus's Mortal Embrace - due out the end of January 2015!!  I am also working on a Suspense/Romance that isn't part of the series and is not paranormal.

Sassy:   What advice would you give for new authors?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes: Don't give up!! EVER! Write your story as if you are writing for yourself! Love what you write and don't worry about anything else!


Sassy:  What is one thing about yourself you want your readers to know?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes: That I am a hopeless romantic! So if you love to lose yourself in that love that just takes your breath away, please give my books a try! You will see parts of me in every word.


Sassy :    Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes: I would have to say Stephen King, actually. Which is kind of funny since I am a romance writer! I just love how he writes his characters. They are so real!

  Sassy:  What books have most influenced your life most?


  Author  Darlene Kuncytes      : That is a tough one! My goodness! So many! In sixth grade I read John Saul's Suffer the children and that actually started me reading about a book a week.

Sassy:     What do you do to promote your books?

 Author  Darlene Kuncytes    : I have my awesome street team that promotes on Facebook, Twitter ect. I do Co-promote and book signings whenever I can.

Sassy:   What is your favourite positive saying?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes       :  Stay strong 

Sassy:   Do you write full-time or part-time?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    : Part-time right now, but my dream is to do this full-time. Writing is and always will be my first love.

Sassy:  Who designed your book cover/s?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes      :  Linda Boulanger, and she is amazing!!!!!!!!

Sassy:  Do you think that the cover plays an important part in the buying process?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes     : I think so. I boring cover doesn't inspire me to want to read the story.

Sassy:  What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes   : I of course LOVE the good ones! I hope that the bad ones are at least constructive. I had one give me my first 3 star because she said she was "so over" the vampire thing - and I thought...um...didn't you READ the title of the book? A Vampire's Saving Embrace! LOL You just have to let it roll off your back.

Sassy:  What is your biggest pet peeve?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    : Whistling!! LOL!  Or someone who is soooooo fake that is just radiates off of them! If you don't like me, fine - just be honest about it!

Sassy:  Tell us about your family.

Author  Darlene Kuncytes    : I have a wonderful sister who I adore, and two nephews and a fabulous sister-in-law who is more of a sister to me. An awesome Niece and great-niece and great-nephew and soon to be ANOTHER great-nephew. I had awesome parents who aren't with us anymore and I lost my brother a year ago in October. That one was rough. We are a very close knit family.

Sassy:   Does your family support your writing?

Author  Darlene Kuncytes  : They do. I remember when I called my brother when my first book was published and told him - the pride and emotion in his voice STILL makes me cry like a baby! I miss that man so much, and there are parts of my characters that are him. The chivalry and caring is totally Den.

Sassy:  What is your favorite recipe?Please include it.

Author  Darlene Kuncytes      :  A Vampire's Kiss Martini!! LOL! (You didn't say it had to be food!) 1 shot Chambord 1 shot raspberry vodka 2 ounces cranberry juice! Shake over ice - pour in a martini glass and throw in a cherry! YUMMY

Website:
Blog:
Twitter: @VampireEmbrace
Pinterest:
Amazon Author Page:
Smashwords:
Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.)    A Vampire`s Saving Embrace ~ www.smarturl.it/avse
  A Wolf`s Savage Embrace ~ www.smarturl.it/awse



Goodreads:


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I like this woman :) Love how she is excited when her fans read her work. Darlene Kuncytes, would love to "meet" you! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOOOOOO much Debra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! you just made my night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this interview and I adore Darlene <3

    ReplyDelete