Kat Snyder has spent years chasing after the man who attacked her and left her for dead. It is her one obsession and she won’t let anyone stand in her way. Now that they are getting closer to finding him she begins to doubt herself and her need for revenge.
Jackson “Jack” Taylor lost the only woman he truly loved. Now that he’s found her again he’s not letting go and will do everything in his power to make her see they can have a life together.
Together they search for the monster who has hurt so many women. The closer they get, the closer they become, until they are both Caught in the Storm.
M. Stratton is an International Amazon bestselling author in the romantic suspense and mystery suspense categories for her debut novel After the Storm. She is a self-proclaimed dork that loves to make people laugh and can trip over nothing. Her inner rock star is always on stage performing to a sold out crowd but is quiet and shy on the outside.
She lives with her husband and son in Arizona, which is a big difference from where she grew up north of Chicago Illinois. As an only child she learned to tell herself stories to make the long winters go by quicker while dreaming of summer vacations. Now as an adult she still makes up stories to pass the time, but now she writes them down to share with other people.
When not writing you can find M. watching football (Go Bears!), NASCAR, or classic movies, watching her husband and father restore classic cars, and seeing who can be sillier, her or her son, and of course reading.
Things you don’t know about M. Stratton:
1. She loves the movie Twister… she can say all the lines along with the actors. She will also use those lines in real life as often as possible.
2. Halloween is her favorite holiday. She starts planning months in advance. She has more Halloween decorations than Christmas.
3. She once made up a monologue about her love of chocolate chip cookie dough for her high school drama class.
4. There are times she thinks she is so funny she has tears running down her face while laughing at herself.
5. M. can play the clarinet but is in awe of anyone who can play the guitar, piano or drums, pretty much anything where your hands have to do two different things at the same time.
6. Cary Grant is her favorite actor. When she was in high school after Cary Grant died one of the cable stations ran a marathon, she watched his movies from 6 in the morning all day and night until 4 AM the next day.
7. Reading has always been an escape for her. She can devour a book in hours. When she moved in with her husband she literally donated over 1,000 books and saved over 1,000 for herself. She can reread books over and over again if she loves them. There are some that she has reread about once a year for the past 20 years.
8. She eloped after knowing her husband for only two months in 2006. They are still married over seven years later.
This is the third and final book in the Storm series, and as an ending, this book is dynamite! I have loved every book in this series, each one has given the story a new twist. As for retribution, this one takes the cake. I felt like the fear that the other books instilled was amped up in this one. This bad guy, Jeremy, is the creepiest bad guy ever. He could not have been more sadistic if he tried. That helps you feel for the good guys. Noah and Lexi, Evie and Anthony, and Jackson and Kat, are all working hard to find him, and are thwarted at each turn. We are introduced to a new "victim" who is also hunting Jeremy. The longer she works to understand him and plot her revenge, the more her morality is blurred from good to bad. I loved this. To me, this showed how anger and hatred can eat at someone until getting even takes on a new meaning and it corrupts her. I loved that she isn't portrayed as a perfect good guy. This book had everything. A love story, a revenge story, plenty of fear, and a satisfying ending to the saga. This is a great series, and I can't wait to see what new tales will come from this amazing author!